Excel changed name of Macro - some work and some don't

PKsharp

I'm hoping I make this clear. I'm using Excel 2007 and several years ago, all of a sudden, it took just one of my macros (located in Module 1) and renamed it Module1.FBPlus in some of my files. It was just FBPlus. It did not make the change in some of the files. When I try to run the macro in the files it didn't change, it won't work with the short cut (CTRL, SHFT F). If I go into macros, select that one and run it, it works, but will not work with the short cut. I have many other macros in the same module and they all work with the short cut. I don't know what the issue is or how to fix it in the files it doesn't work in.

I have to say, I was doing a great deal of VBA many years back when I designed the sheets the macros go in. Not so much anymore. If you need the code, I can send it, but it doesn't seem to be an issue with the code so much as the short cut.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Search the VBA project for another macro with the same name.

Upvote 0
Well, it was as simple as changing the short cut to CTRL SHFT E instead of F. There must be some other overall Excel macro using F, but it's not in my cost sheets. Very strange.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lachbee

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back