Excel File got corrupted for no reason. Need help immediately!

mahendru1992

I've been using excel as a log file for all my attempted questions. The file basically includes date, q no, source, time taken, correct and wrong answer columns. Now I opened the file today to access those questions since my GMAT is just 2 weeks away and most of the data is GONE! Please, Please help me as I'm in dire need of that Log.
Attached here is an image of what the file looks like right now. Some weird ###### has replaced all the numbers in the Questions column and random dates in the time column.
P.S This type of corruption also happened on the 2nd day of creating the file, but I thought of it as a single incident never really cared and I re-did the log again since it was no big deal that time.

I repeat again, if somebody can please please help me recover the data, I'll be hugely grateful.

Thank you!
29l1gmh.png
[/IMG]

Actually scrub that click the cell with 1/1/1900, format it as number then type a 1 in it.
Well I formatted the cell, now when I click on the next cell, the date gets shifted. LOL! This is some strange **** happening with the file.
Anyways my main question is that how am I supposed to get the deleted questions back. Honestly I don't really care if i fix this **** thing or not, I just need my record back. I'll make a new file after that and probably backup after every save.

Edit: Hah! even s h i t and d a m n are censored here. :P

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
What do mean by the date gets shifted. Is the cell you changed showing as a number(specifically a 1) in both the cell and the formula bar?

If not carry out the text to columns instructions using text instead of general then type a 1 or try formatting the cell as text then enter a 1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ipruravindra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back