excel filter - changing data order

rameshppc

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi experts...

I have an excel with 9 columns as sno/material name/qty/unit/buying price/value/selling prie/value/margin%

I just put filter for all columns and filter the data in each columns.

Finally, after referring the required information, i removed all filters..

Now i find that some interchange of data is occured and you pls help to recover the old format...

some changes explain you here,

sno.2 material data now in sno. 35.
sno.183 material data now in sno.2

Kindly help to solve it and tks..

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
It sounds to me like you did not include all your columns/rows in the range you applied the filters to. If so, then when you filtered your data, some associated data remained as is, and did not get filtered with the rest of the data.

If that is the case, other than using UNDO (which wont help if you already saved the file), there is no way to "fix" a mistake like that :(

Upvote 0
It sounds to me like you did not include all your columns/rows in the range you applied the filters to. If so, then when you filtered your data, some associated data remained as is, and did not get filtered with the rest of the data.

If that is the case, other than using UNDO (which wont help if you already saved the file), there is no way to "fix" a mistake like that :(
Finally, after referring the required information, i removed all filters..

I looked at this thread several times and could not conceive of a condition where data would move unless cells were added or deleted in specific columns, since all the filter does is hide and unhide rows as it is turned on and off. I also could not interpret what was meant by the phrase in red font.

Upvote 0
umm duh, thanks for the correction :( Don't know why, but I was thinking of SORTING, not filtering *bangs head on table*

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronnyf85

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back