Excel Formula Help

Griffin96

NameQuantityQuantity sent Quantity left
Bai Mu Dan450KG120Calculation Formula in this cellOutput calculation in this cell

<tbody>
</tbody>

Hi,

Im wondering from what i have shown in the tabel above is possible. I want a calculation formula in cell D2 but want the output in cell E2

Thanks
Luke

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
can you possibly tell us why you want the calculation and output in different cells? Could help us give you best suggestion to resolve your problem.

easiest way would have your calculation in column D, hide it, then have column E be = D*

though I am not sure why you would separate them, so a reason why would help.

to have only value, no formula in E it would be better to use vba, but then you don't need column d formula either.

So I think we need more info.

Upvote 0
Also, it appears your quantity is a string not a number ??
Is this always going to be the case AND will the number value in that cell always be 3 digits, more / less ??

Upvote 0
Hi, the reason why i want no formula in cell E is because im using macro's to copy the "quantity left" column and cut and past it in the "quantity in stock"
on my excel sheet all cells that contain numbers are set to show as KG. it the way my customer wants it all set out, so to make life easier i was using macros to cut the "quantity left" and past it in "quantity in stock"

Upvote 0
Yah you should probably do all this in VBA since the no formula in Column E is a necessity.

Just have it loop though each row and calculate/update column E, until it reaches a blank row in column A

after that just assign it to a button or a worksheet event.

Much harder for a client to accidentally break your vba than formulas anyways so its win win

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back