Excel macro to copy 3 cell values and append to existing database file.

9tanstaafl9

I'd like my macro (in an Excel 2010 workbook) to copy values from three worksheet cells and append them to an existing Access or SQL database file -- without having to leave my Excel spreadsheet or open any other programs. The database file simply needs to be appended. Keeping a running list. That file isn't being used for anything else, we can set it up however is necessary to do this.

For example, Excel cells A1, A2, and A3. Representing Job Name, Job Number and Job Total.

Can anyone tell me how make VBA do this(in SIMPLE terms)? Or give me a link of where to look or what to search for? I understand VBA but not Access or SQL.

THANK YOU!

P.S. If this gets posted multiple times I sincerely apologize. The last two times I tried to submit this post I got an error saying I needed to log in/become a member, even though I was logged in already. I checked before reposting to make sure it hadn't posted, but with my luck there was simply a delay.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
NEVERMIND. I saw a lot of views but no replies so I posted a similar question on another website and got an answer.

Does anyone know if it's ok to post a link to another forum on a different website? I don't want to offend. If so I could link to the answer I got.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
al mugheen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back