Excel not responding when clicking a button?

jase888

I created a very basic invoice system for a friend in Excel/VBA. The system works fine for me on my PC and my laptop but when I took it to his house it keeps crashing on his PC (not responding errror), he can add the invoice fine but when he then click a button which sends him back to the home sheet it crashes, it even does it if he clicks the tab button to home sheet at the bottom so not a code error.

One thing i have thought it could be is the button before you go back to home adds and saves the invoice to this sheet, then you click to go back (either by tab or a button) but could it still be saving and then freezes if you try to go back before you have given it time?? Because if you just go to the sheet and click the button to go back it works fine its only after adding and trying to go back it freezes.

We both have 64 bit machines and using Office 2010, his PC is defiantly not as good as mine but runs other things fine.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Hello Jase888,

From my experience over the years, I found that when Excel starts to behave abnormally then it is time to defragment the Registry. To do this requires third party software since Microsoft has never included this in it's tools for Windows. With all of the VBA macro and other scripting programming I do on my machine, the registry is defragmented once a week automatically.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, his computer was wiped clean with a fresh install a few weeks ago so im not sure it will be but i can try. I thought there was a defrag tool in Windows? or do you mean its crap?
Hello Jase888,

From my experience over the years, I found that when Excel starts to behave abnormally then it is time to defragment the Registry. To do this requires third party software since Microsoft has never included this in it's tools for Windows. With all of the VBA macro and other scripting programming I do on my machine, the registry is defragmented once a week automatically.

Upvote 0
Hello Jase888,

The Defrag tool that Window uses works only on disk files. The registry is a separate system database. That's why you need separate software to clean it up. Even a new install will leave crap in the registry.

Upvote 0
Hello Jase888,

The Defrag tool that Window uses works only on disk files. The registry is a separate system database. That's why you need separate software to clean it up. Even a new install will leave crap in the registry.

Thanks for clearing that up, is there any open source ones you recommend? Im off to try fix the issue tonight (not sure i will though as no further forward) will give a defrag a go if i cant figure it out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back