Excel table with some advantages:)

Andrzej1984

Hello everyone,
I would like to make a table in excel,
First three columns will be include only text or numbers but in next two columns i want to insert a pictures (one column) and very long sentence/string (last column),
when i click on cell in these column/s the picture or long text string need to by show on the screen,
program need to remember picture or the text so when i close the workbook and open again the picture and text need to by there when i click again on cells
Anyone from you guys have any idea how to do it?
Thanks in advance for any advice!
Regards,

Excel Facts

Excel motto
Not everything I do at work revolves around Excel. Only the fun parts.
G'day Andrzej,

You can insert a picture (Insert Ribbon, then select the Picture icon and follow the prompts) into a worksheet and size it to fit a cell or the cell to fit the image. Once you have the image and cell borders matching - preferably with the image contained entirely within a single cell, right click on the image and select "Size and Properties" which operns a dialog box with a number of options.

I would reccomend on the Size menu that you select "Lock aspect ratio" and on the Properties menu that you select "Move and size with cells" to ensure that the picture is always where you want it.

Note that for your column with the long string - there is a character limit for text in a cell (32,767) and they will not necessarily always display within the cell but may need to be viewed in the cell contents window at the top of the worksheet. This can be made to display more lines by hovering the cursor over the border between the window and the Column Headers until the double arrow appears then click and drag.

Note that there is also there is a maximum column width - 255 characters, a maximum row height of 409 point, and a maximum of 253 lines in a cell. See Excel Help - Excel specifications and limits.

Cheers

shane

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesitisasport

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back