Extremely Advanced Output Macro

Bkisley

Board Regular
I am envisioning a way that will allow me to choose an input option from a drop down box (preferred) or a list.
Once clicked, it will run a macro in the background and will go find every component that goes into the selected input option. Then it will go to a different tab and copy and paste selected cells that contain the details for each of those components.

Tab 1: "Dropbox"
Tab 2: "BOM with Take Rate"
Tab 3: "Component Cost Breakdown"

Example
On tab 1 I selected Program A. Within Program A, there are Components 1-5 and 8-10 which is found on Tab 2. On Tab 2 the programs are in cells BN7:CQ7. The macro should look up the option selected in this range on tab 2 and then look at the quantities in rows 7:206 in the selected program's column. Also on Tab 2 can be found the part number for each component in column C. The macro should see the option selected on Tab 1 go to tab 2 in range BN7:CQ7 and find the option selected. It should then look down at each component (rows 7:206) within the selected program to see if there is a quantity greater than 0. If the component quantity is greater than 0 the macro should then look to that row in column C to get the component part number.

From here the macro should have a list of all the component part numbers located within the selected program. The macro should then look at Tab 3 in column C. The macro should grab all the cells between columns E and V as well as column AP wherever that part number is found in column C. The macro should then place that collected input back on tab 1 starting in cell A10

Please let me know if further explanation is needed!

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikijon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back