Formula in conditional formatting

jaxs2009

Board Regular
Excel 2007

In conditional formatting New Rule under "Use a formula to determine which cell to format I input

=ROW(C6)=ActiveRow, I then set my range at $C$6:$CG$1000 but it not working in the "SIP" spreadsheet, however it does work in in the same workbook but in spreadsheets "WIP" and "CHANGER ORDERS"

There is a VBA code performing another function of transferring data to another sheet and I do have some other conditional formatting in this spreadsheet but they are single cell functions.

Any thoughts as to why this "SIP" particular sheet it doesn't want to work?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

jaxs2009

Board Regular
Yes, the VBA code did work as suggested, thank you for the links to another way to achieve this functions. have a great day.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misspears10

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...