Formula

KMM75

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with the following:

A 150000.00
B 100000.00
total 250000.00

If 10% of A needs to be moved from B to A, meaning the total value of A would increase and the total amount of B would decrease but 10% of the new Value of A plus the new value of B combined still equal the old value of B and the total is still 250,000, what is the formula for this?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Assuming A1 contains 150000 and B1 contains 100000 and C1 contains the formula =SUM(A1,B1), then put these formulas in the indicated cells...

A2: =1.1*A1

B2: =C1-A2

Upvote 0
Assuming A1 contains 150000 and B1 contains 100000 and C1 contains the formula =SUM(A1,B1), then put these formulas in the indicated cells...

A2: =1.1*A1

B2: =C1-A2
Hi Rick, thank you for your reply, my issue is that I need 10% of the adjusted value of A plus the adjusted value of B to equal the original value of B (100,000).

Upvote 0
Hi Rick, thank you for your reply, my issue is that I need 10% of the adjusted value of A plus the adjusted value of B to equal the original value of B (100,000).
After putting my formulas in the indicated cells, if you put this formula in cell C2...

=SUM(A2,B2)

you will see the total is the same as in cell C1 (given the way I constructed my formulas, it had no choice but to equal the original sum).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBV123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back