formulas are not automatically updating

bonusdias

I am using office 365 and excel 2016. I've created some CSE formulas that are working exactly as I intend them to and giving me the correct values. My issue is that not all the formulas are updating automatically.

So I enter in data in one worksheet and the CSE formulas all populate in that worksheet. I go to the other worksheet and those CSE Formulas are all populated then I go to the last worksheet and there are no values for the CSE formulas.
Shift F9 doesn't work. All that works is copying down the formula again.

When I copy the formula down again all the values show up, so then I go back to the original sheet and add another piece of data, all the CSE Formulas in that worksheet populate, the next work sheet populates but the last sheet doesn't. And it has removed the values from the last time I copied the formulas down again.

I hope this makes sense to someone..

Automatic calculation is on.

thanks

This is the formula if anyone is interested...

{=textjoin("," & Char(10), TRUE, IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH(B2, 'Matrix'!$A$2:$a$356)),IF('Matrix'!$B$2:$MT$356=1,'Matrix'!$B$1:$MT$1,TEXT(,)), TEXT(,)))}

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Look in the VB Editor (press alt+F11). On the left find your workbook; expand the tree if it's not already, then look through each module (including the ThisWorkbook module) for any code.

Upvote 0
Any code at all...

See it sounds like something is clearing a range in your spreadsheet, I'm not looking at your spreadsheet so it's a guess based on your description.

Whilst in the VB Editor put it in Break Mode, on the menu... Run >> Break

See if the same behaviour persists.

Upvote 0
I can't figure that out.. sorry... VBA illiterate.. but what I did do was copy the worksheets into a new workbook and the sheet automatically updated.. but when i copy more sheets it goes back to not updating.. do you know if there is a limit on the number of sheets and calculations that can be done... seems weird that there would be but this is what it looks like to me right now.

Upvote 0
when i say the only thing that works is copying down the formulas again, i mean reactivating the cell. the formulas haven't been deleted they are just not calculating and showing the values.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back