HELP QUICK - Forgot MS Access admin password!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron_ni

Hi all,

This is my first post and it's very urgent!! I tried adding a password to my MS access 2003 database as an administrator and it seemed to have saved ok, however when I go to open the database again and type in the same password it does not work!! Other users can open the database however now I don't have access to the back-end! Can someone help??

I tried downloadind password recovery software at www.recover-lost-passwords.com but the trial version does not let me recoved MS access passwords (or any passwords longer than 3 characters in length).

Thanks

Aaron

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Trevor G

Aaron welcome to the forum, unfortunately we aren't allowed to discuss Password recovery as this is a form of hacking.

If you have a workgroup for the database you should be able to replace it.

What I would consider is that the database will be in the workgroup folder, so if you took a copy of the database and then set up another workgroup you might be able to get around this. If how ever you have created a password in the database you could try using the Shift + Double Click which should open the database and you can see the tables, then you can look for the table which holds the login information (this maybe a hidden table!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
semoredhawk

This Week's Hot Topics