Help with a drop down/search box.

smohs14

Here's what my workbook looks like. It's got 1 master sheet that has 200 rows of information. Each row is for one neighborhood. The following columns B-D list the city requirements, community requirements, home owner requirements, builder requirements, and county requirements for each of the 200 neighborhoods. Each row then gets pulled to it's own sheet. So if row one is called Diamond Estates then on sheet 2 called "Diamond Estates" The list of all the requirements is shown much more organized, easy to print form.

I'm looking for a way to make a drop down box or a search bar that when I type in "Diamond Estates" it shoots me over to the printable page. As of right now all I've been doing is renaming cell A1 on each sheet to whatever that neighborhood is called. So A1 on the Diamond Estates sheet is called "Diamond Estates". Then searching "Diamond Estates" in the Name Box will shoot to that cell which happens to be located on the printable page. I can't have it this way because I'm afraid someone else who uses this will accidentally rename a box without knowing it and the Name Box will lead to the wrong places then.

Ideally, I'd like for one of those drop down boxes to allow you to click on a neighborhood name and have that shoot you to the printable page if that's possible too. I'm aware that this has to be done in the VB but I dono how to write the script. can anyone help me? I know this is a demanding question probably.

Again: one drop down box that lists all items in Column A(neighborhoods), Then clicking on one of those items in the list brings you to a corresponding sheet for that row, B-D.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hi and Welcome to the Board,

This could be done with VBA; however a relatively simple Non-VBA solution would be to use a DataValidation dropdown list and a =HYPERLINKS() formula.

The DV list could use the values in Column A as the list range.
The HYPERLINKS formula would goto the correct sheet based on the selection.
If the Sheet Names match the Neighborhood names, the formula would be a little simpler.
If not it could still be done using MATCH() if the sheets are in the same order as the Neighborhood names.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back