Help with If Statement = early/late or completed

Daniel_21

Hi,

I'm having trouble working out how to combine a if statement to return if works have been completed early, late, incomplete or completed.

so im working with the following info

planned date
early start date
latest completion date
First completed date

this is what I have created so far - =IF(F2="","Incomplete",IF(OR(F2<E2,F2=E2),"Completed",IF(F2>E2,"Completed Late")))

I'm just not sure how to incorporate early start date.

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Daniel, Can you post a little more of your data?

1. What is in F2 that drives Complete / Incomplete a date and how is it compared to your four date's Planned. Early, Last & First.

Thank you
~DR

Upvote 0
=IF(F2="","Incomplete",IF(OR(F2<E2,F2=E2),"Completed On Time",IF(F2>E2,"Completed Late")))

F2 = Completed Date
E2 = Latest Completion Date
D2 = Earliest start Date

I have a planned date and we have a 6 week window either side of that planned date to complete works. I'm trying to create a report which highlights if we are completing tasks on time or early or late. I can only seem to get the completed, incomplete and completed late data, if I try and add another if statement it just ignores it any reads the completed late.

Upvote 0
You still did not answer my question about how you compare dates to progress for your IF statement but if you are looking for the syntax to add more IF's to your line with the OR statement here is what I came up with you will have to make modifications to suit your needs.

=IF(F2="","Incomplete",OR(IF(F2="completed","completed",OR(IF(F2="late","late",OR(IF(F2="Early","Early","First")))))))

Upvote 0
F2 is the date of which the work has been completed. So if this get is within a 90 day period of the planned date its considered completed on time. anything out side of this range will either be early or late if that makes sense?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afua

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back