How can I share a macro with my co-worker that I saved on my own computer as an .xlsm file?

dtarockoff

I just recorded a macro that I saved to my Personal Macro Workbook on my mac computer with Excel for Mac 2011. I want to share this with my co-worker who has a PC with Excel 2007. I saved the file with the macro recording saved as an .xlsm and then e-mailed it to him, but we couldn't figure out how to get it to work. He was able to open the .xlsm file but when he opened a separate Excel file to test the macro on, it wouldn't show up for him to run.

Hopefully I explained that well enough. Does anyone know how I can successfully share this with him without having to re-do the entire macro on his computer? Thank you!

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
You have a couples of ways of doing what you want
1. Export the module to a .bas file, copy the .bas file to other pc and import the module into excel workbook
2. Copy code to a mail, mail the text and re create macro in the other pc
3. Copy .xlsm file as personal macro file, you could loose if he already has macro on it

He does not see your macro probably due to security settings
Cheers
Sergio

Upvote 0
Thanks so much Sergio! I've already headed out of the office for the day but I'll try these tomorrow. If I run into any issues I'll post again, but it sounds like I'll be able to figure it out. I appreciate the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunzwe73

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back