• We are receiving reports of members using the private messaging service (Conversations) in ways that break the forum rules:
    • Do not invite another member to take the question off the forum (i.e. do not suggest that they post to a different forum, do not suggest that they email or private message you the problem, do not simply post a link to another forum, unless it is to a specific, relevant, thread). This applies equally to members asking or answering questions.
    • Soliciting business for yourself is not permitted. This is an all volunteer board, so offering solutions in exchange for compensation is not permitted. Likewise, members seeking solutions must not offer compensation for them. If you have an urgent need, check the Consulting Services page.
    Please help us out by clicking the Report link on any messages you receive that violate these rules. Thank you
  • If you would like to post, please check out the MrExcel Message Board FAQ and click here to register.
    If you forgot your password, you can reset your password.

hyperlinks

newway

This may seem like a simple question but the answer has evaded me so far.

I have created an Excel 2007 sheet which has a dozen hyperlinks to different websites, they all work perfectly except one and thats ( www.screwfix.com ) , whenever I click on this I get ( Unable to open Https://www.screwfix.com/. cannot download the information you requested ).

I have tried creating a shortcut on my desktop to this site using Firefox and it works fine.

I am using Windows 8.1 on my desktop but have tried it on my laptop using Excel 2007 and Firefox and Windows Vista but still not working, these machines have different antivirus systems so I would not think that has any bearing on the problem.

I have tried this hyperlink on my desktop on a spreadsheet from Open Office and its works perfectly so I would think this is a specific problem to Screwfix and Excel.

I would be grateful if anybody could replicate this and see if it works or not for them, or even better supply an answer or a possible work around.

newway

thanks for the post but nothing seems to work, it does seem strange that it only effects one site, where others like https:/www.toolstation.com work fine, does it work on your machine?

Special-K99

That's interesting.
When I tried it at work using latest Firefox it didn't work, same error as you stated.
Here at home it worked! But my home Firefox is version 36.0 (yeah I know I should update it).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPLhorses

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics