If Sums / VBA Help?

LauraEdson

Hello Everyone,

I've created a form on Excel & I'm having a few problems trying to get it to do what I'd like.

I have two columns on the first page of my excel sheet. The first column has drop down boxes with the options "A", "B" or "C". The second column contains a description which changes everytime the form will be used.

On the second page of my spread sheet I have three horizontal boxes with several lines of space within each. They are headed "A", "B" and "C". I am therefore wanting to be able to select "A", "B" or "C" in the first sheet and enter a description which then automatically transfers the description onto the second sheet under the "A", "B" or "C" heading (which ever one may be selected at the time). I have already used this formula:

=IF('Sheet1'!C17="A","='Sheet1'!D17:K17")

In hope that if A is entered into C17 on the first sheet, it'll then copy exactly what was in the cells D17:K17 on Sheet One onto the Cell A24:I24 on the second page. It does work to some extent and when "A" is selected it does copy across the "='Sheet1'!D17:K17" part but that's it - it doesn't actually transfer the description across.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
A basic Bit of Excel is that a formula in a cell cannot update another cell, so in A1 if i but in =IF(B1="X", C1="X",C1="y") it won't do anything but if i enter =IF(B1="X", "X","y") A1 will be updated That is the limitation of Formulas

so whereever you put the formula =IF('Sheet1'!C17="A","='Sheet1'!D17:K17") will end up with either a formula ='Sheet1'!D17:K17" or False (depending on C17)

You appear to have some VBA i would suggest that you Post the Code

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back