Insert row under each criteria

kelly mort

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
My data starts from Column A2 to J1002

So column C has the criteria say "x", "y", "z", etc.

These criteria are sorted so they are grouped.

That's all x all y all z in that order.

So I want to insert a blank row after the last x, then a blank row under the last y in that order.

Row 1 is the header

I am looking for a vba solution to this.

Thanks in advance

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Akuini

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Try this:

Code:
Sub a1090658a()
Dim i As Long
For i = 1002 To 2 Step -1
    Do While Cells(i, "C") = Cells(i - 1, "C")
        i = i - 1
    Loop
    If i = 2 Then Exit For
    Rows(i).Insert xlUp
Next
End Sub

kelly mort

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Unbelievable! !!

Very brilliant.

One last thing :

From column D to J are values that needs to be added.

And they are supposed to be placed inside those blank rows.

That's all x added all y added etc.

I am sure this is possible as well.

Thanks

Akuini

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Do you mean value of col C will be copied to col D:J on the blank row?
Say there are only 3 "x" in col C, so col D:J will have "x" or only col D:F?

kelly mort

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows

ADVERTISEMENT

Do you mean value of col C will be copied to col D:J on the blank row?
Say there are only 3 "x" in col C, so col D:J will have "x" or only col D:F?

I am adding all the column D values for "x" and place it inside that empty cell under the "x". Then I do same for E, F, ...J.

Then with criteria "y" , we do same as above. In that order.

That's finding Sub totals .

Akuini

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok, try this:

Code:
[FONT=lucida console][COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR] a1090658b()
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] i [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], j [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], k [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], n [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] q [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], x [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] r [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] Range
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] va

Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] i = [COLOR=crimson]1002[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Step[/COLOR] -[COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]Do[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]While[/COLOR] Cells(i, [COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR]) = Cells(i - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], [COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR])
        i = i - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]Loop[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] i = [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Exit[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR]
    Rows(i).Insert xlUp
[COLOR=Royalblue]Next[/COLOR]

n = Range([COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR] & Rows.count).[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR](xlUp).Row
q = [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Each[/COLOR] r [COLOR=Royalblue]In[/COLOR] Range([COLOR=brown]"C2:C"[/COLOR] & n + [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
    [COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] k = [COLOR=crimson]4[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]10[/COLOR]
        x = r.Row
        Cells(x, k) = WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range(Cells(q, k), Cells(x - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], k)))
    q = x + [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]

Application.ScreenUpdating = [COLOR=Royalblue]True[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR][/FONT]

kelly mort

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows

ADVERTISEMENT

More than expected! !!

Thanks for the time and effort spent.

Akuini

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
You're welcome, glad to help, & thanks for the feedback.:)

kelly mort

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok, try this:

Code:
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] i [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], j [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], k [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], n [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] q [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], x [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] i = [COLOR=crimson]1002[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Step[/COLOR] -[COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Royalblue]Do[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]While[/COLOR] Cells(i, [COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR]) = Cells(i - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], [COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR])
    [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] i = [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Exit[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR]
    Rows(i).Insert xlUp

n = Range([COLOR=brown]"C"[/COLOR] & Rows.count).[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR](xlUp).Row

[COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Each[/COLOR] r [COLOR=Royalblue]In[/COLOR] Range([COLOR=brown]"C2:C"[/COLOR] & n + [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)
    [COLOR=Royalblue]For[/COLOR] k = [COLOR=crimson]4[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]To[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]10[/COLOR]
        x = r.Row
        Cells(x, k) = WorksheetFunction.Sum(Range(Cells(q, k), Cells(x - [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR], k)))

Hello
Is there a way to add all the "sub total" into a cell say H2?

That's we add all those values in the sub total calculations we did into cell H2.

Regards

Kelly

Akuini

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Ok, this is untested:

Code:
[COLOR=Royalblue]Dim[/COLOR] q [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], x [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR], z [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Long[/COLOR]

Rows(i).Insert xlUp

x = r.Row
        z = z + Cells(x, k)
Range([COLOR=brown]"H2"[/COLOR]) = z

Edit:
If your data has decimal number, then change:
"z As Long" to "z As Double"

Last edited:

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vexceled

This Week's Hot Topics

• Change military grades into rank
    Afternoon all Need help with formula that will change military rank (i.e. 1, 2, 3 into Amn, A1C, SrA). Running IF formula that does not work...
  • VBA COUNTIF SOLUTION
    Hi The following are the errors spread across the several columns from E to Q ie. 13 columns across several sheets with more than 500 rows per...
  • INSERT ROW WITH SPECIFIS TEXT IN A COLUMN
    Hi All! How can identify that that the row to be inserted has to be inserted before 1st row with specific text in column F. If I record the...
  • Auto-Create a monthly Sign in sheet for preschool students
    The image below is what each page looks like. Above is space for the "Child Name" "Month" "Class" School days are obviously Monday-Friday but...
  • VBA vlookup multiple results
    Hi folks, Hopefully someone out there can help. I have a list to vlookup which works (ish). the lookup only picks up the first instance of the...
  • Extract values for earliest/latest times
    I am trying to put together a formula to get the earliest start time, the latest end time from column A for each person in Column B-F without the...