Keyboard Shortcut to Return to Top of Sheet?

bencar

Banned user
As a keyboard shortcut I use ctrl + shift + down arrow to select a long column of data when working on a formula. But how do I go back up to the top of the sheet without messing up the formula I'm working on?

Press Ctrl + Home, to select cell A1.
Then
Press Ctrl + Shift + End, to select all cells from A1 to the last used cell.

possibly?

No no.. I'm in edit mode on a formula. I select a long column of data. How can I move up to the top of the column without messing up the formula I'm editing?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
My big puzzlement is why you would want to select cells while editing a formula... weird :confused:

well technically he is just wanting to move the scroll position back up but i dont see how to do that without moving the scrollbar via mouse or selecting a cell, if you can do it id be interested to know how

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you are creating a formula and you are selecting upwards, you can do what you were doing already, but with a different direction: CTRL + SHIFT + UP ARROW.

If you have a lot of blanks and know you want to head straight to the top* of the worksheet, press CTRL + SHIFT + HOME (takes you to A1*), then while holding SHIFT, use your arrow key to move the selection back to the single column you started from.

*Takes you to A1 if you don't have any frozen panes (View > Freeze Panes)

Hi gmhumphr,

If I select CTRL + SHIFT + UP ARROW all my data I selected previously will be unselected.

"If you have a lot of blanks and know you want to head straight to the top* of the worksheet, press CTRL + SHIFT + HOME (takes you to A1*), then while holding SHIFT, use your arrow key to move the selection back to the single column you started from."

Thanks man!!! Thats what I was looking for!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBV123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back