Many-to-one relationship

Sphinx404

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
"Column 'Serial #' in Table '300 Machines' contains blank values and this is not allowed for columns on the one side of a many-to-one relationship or for columns that are used as the primary key of a table"

This error is killing me and I have no idea how to fix it.

The dumb thing about it... I have another Excel file that uses this relationship... in the same exact way... SAME EXACT WAY! Why will that one work but this one will not?

I don't get it. I've worked on fixing this for almost 2 days now and I cannot fix this. Excel doesn't allow you to change the primary key... I don't know what to do and I don't know how to explain this any better.

And the whole 'blank values' is BS. The other Excel file will allow the relationship to work, and it has plenty of blank cells. Both have the exact same data... Exact. I feel like I'm going to snap.. can someone please explain to me how I can fix this or what I need to do?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Re: Many-to-one relationship -Not Working - I'm about to go off the deep end

describe the operating environment, excel version, os, network etc

asking why one works when we can't see what you are doing with it is like saying blind pick the orange in a bowl of grapefruit

Upvote 0
delete this post. This message board doesn't allow uploading of any files so the posting of this question was pointless. Describing the operating environment is like describing sex to a virgin. I have loved Mr. Excel for years... but this site desperately needs and update to its UI

Thanks mole999 but I just don't have the energy to sit down and type out a long monologue that nobody will read or likely respond to.

Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0
you may make available workbooks via a suitable free hosting website. If you want the facilities for on site hosting then the costs go from free to charged and then it wouldn't be as useful for the majority. I understand the worry but if the basic structure can't be understood, no way of guessing an answer

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back