Monthly Timesheet Tracking With Multiple Jobs a Day - Dropdown Question

annieexcel

Hi Everybody!

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet for tracking time information. I've gotten what I think is a good start by using this template ( https://trumpexcel.com/excel-timesheet-calculator-template/) and flowing the information to a pivot table.

Right now my entry areas hold a month's worth of time data and look like this: https://imgur.com/a/DvnSyrN
This information is flowing through to a data tab that I'm making my pivot table with. This works great - except for the fact that some of the employees here will be at multiple jobs a day (this would be the "customer name") column.

So for example "Brad" might be at Customer Name 1 from 7:00-12:00 and then at Customer Name 2 from 1:00-6:00. I've just been copy pasting this tool below and renaming "Brad - Job 2".

These employees might be at 7 jobs in one day.

Basically I'm just looking for some direction on how to make this a bit more efficient. It would be great to just enter the information and have excel know that when I'm entering my 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc jobs to enter the time in the appropriate area.

Please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide or anything I can clarify. I'm not sure where to start so any ideas or research points would be great! Really appreciate your time reading this, thank you! :)

Excel Version:2010

Edit: apologies for the title.. I meant "possible" drop down question

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
So in this example (https://imgur.com/a/EI1VEML) I'm inputting Time In, Time Out, and Break Time in BA17, BB17,BC17. If Brad has a second job on the same day I would input the second job in BA62, BB62, and BC62. Is there a way to have an input tab where I could select the employee (Brad), the Customer (Example Customer Name 1), the Date, and have excel know that when inputting a second job on the same day to flow through to BA62, BB62, and BC62 and so on?

Upvote 0
Is there anything I could do to make this more clear? I'd really appreciate any direction whatsoever - if even just research points. Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back