Multiple values returned based on criteria

marc01

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am looking for a point in the right direction with regards to speeding up the process of filtering, copying, and pasting some raw data that I have.

I have a table with all my raw data (based on observations from a tennis match), and at the moment I want to, for example, copy all the data in a certain column when Roger Federer was serving, and his 1st serve went in, and he won the point. I then copy the remaining data in my column of interest and paste it into a new table on another sheet. At the moment I am having to manually filter through the table by selecting the heading and then the results I want to see. As you can imagine this takes some time.:eek:

How would I go about speeding this process up using excel formula?

Many thanks in advance,

Marc

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
It would be possible to do in an array formula on another sheet, but could become chunky/cumbersome over time.
Why are you looking to use formula an not automate the process via VBA (macro's)?

If you have no coding experience, recording a macro to complete the above would still work relatively well, as doesn't look like you want anything too extravagant done.

Upvote 0
Many thanks for the quick reply.

I don't have any experience with VBA's unfortunately (something I want to learn one day!)

I am using the raw data to help produce a report, and because the report is already complete in theory it should not get any more complicated. Just trying to speed up the process of putting the correct data in the correct place. I suspect it would be a formula that uses IF, INDEX and MATCH.....but not sure if anything else?

Upvote 0
sorry forgot to say that the number of rows of raw data will be different for every match so I need something that will allow for this. Was thinking that with a formula I would either drag down as far as I needed, or set the array to 500 rows for example as I won't ever have any more than this amount of raw data

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichealRed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back