Need Some Assistance in Getting started with VLOOKUP

MrAssault

I have a list of IP addresses that I need to import additional information into a new web solution. We pretty much used access to keep track of all the assigned IPs on our network. We have a access file with over 300+ tables for all of our network addresses. The problem here we are very inconsistent with our columns. In some tables IP addresses can start at column D in others at H and others J. The information I need to import are columns that have FNAME, LNAME, ROOMNO on row 1 and these columns can also be found in different columns depending on the table.

What I wanted to do is a VLOOKUP with the list of IP address I have and have it searched through all the tables and import the three fields I mentioned. My access skills are next to none, I haven't done this since my first year in college 8 years ago. I was able to export the access database to excel and each table is now a sheet in excel. But I don't know how I can do the VLOOKUP to all the spreadsheets, if that's even possible, and any matches to my IP address import the columns with the names I mentioned earlier.

Or maybe this can be done in access, I don't know what to look for to do this in access. I was thinking of trying to align all the sheets to match as the same column structure to before I even start the VLOOKUP process.

I would appreciate any helps and suggestions.

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
Hello and welcome to the board.

So ho many Excel sheets you have now?

What version of Excel do you have? If you have Power Query I think that would work best, including connecting to your source and you can just update / refresh the connection as needed

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back