Need VBA Code for Inventory Sheet

KB_02

Hello all. This is my first port here and I am hoping you can help. I am writing an inventory sheet for my company to track some serialized items. In this sheet, I need to include a tracking page for every item sold (easy, I've done that part), as well as a sheet to track voided (damaged/returned) items. I have found a simple way to do this through VLookUp, but as I could literally have hundreds of thousands of rows on my tracking sheet, copying a formula down to the bottom of the sheet makes the sheet so big that simple calculations take 5 minutes. I need to write a VBA Macro for this purpose.

While I love Excel and have become a pretty good wiz at using formulas, I must admit that I am nearly clueless when it comes to VBA.

Here is what I want to do:
- Look at the value in cell A4 (starting cell) on sheet “Voids” and find that value in Column B onsheet “Tracking.”
If Value is found in "Tracking," type in “Voided” in column D in the samerow as where the value is in column B.
- Then, loop down to A5 on "Voids" and repeat and keep looping and repeating until all lines on "Voids" have been accounted for.

ALSO, add to this mess, as this will be a new tracking system, we may get some items back where the serial number is not on this tracking sheet. I am assuming I can add an IF function to simply go on to the next line if the number is not found?

And again, you're very welcome...

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syed902

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back