New to Excel

dannicolar

Hello all,

I am newer to excel and I have ran into a little snag with a spreadsheet system my new office is using. What I need to accomplish is to move all data up in a column to the top of the page and successfully remove all the blank spots. I have to do this for hundreds of lines so the copy and paste method takes a lot longer than I would like. So basically my column looks like this:

blank
blank
blank

And I need it to look like this:
blank
blank
blank

Deleting rows messes up the formulas that are associated with the spreadsheet. Any help at all would be great

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Welcome to the Board!

Why not just sort your data? All the blanks will flow to the bottom when you do that.

Upvote 0
Sort does not work as column a through g correlate with column I which then in turn correlates with column L-AS. Column H and J are lookups for the previous cell and they need to be correct and sort mixes up all the information. This happens because we need to delete large chunks of information in the spreadsheet in order to give the customer an estimate under a certain dollar amount.

Upvote 0
So explain in detail why you can't select the entire range for the sort. If you select the entire range then the other columns move with the sort. Confused!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faraz5023

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back