Not pasting all copied rows

mattxu2006

I have a workbook with four tables that are updated monthly to create financial reports. Recently, one of the tables (just one) has not been accepting all the pasted values. It inserts the correct number of rows to fit all the source data but it may leave out anywhere from 7 to 130 records from the top of the data.
One of the other tables is larger, so I don't think that it is related to size.
I have tried Ctrl+C pasting and Paste Special: Values. I get the same result either way.

What might be happening?

Thanks

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Excel wont copy and then paste half of the data or not that ive ever seen anyway! Do you have hidden rows? It would paste in the hidden rows too so you wouldnt see it.

Upvote 0
HI Steve,
No hidden or filtered rows in either the source or the table.

My methodology is to confirm that there are no hidden or filtered rows in the table.
Then I select the top left cell of the source data and Ctrl+Shift+End Then Control C
Go to the Table and select the top left cell of the table and Paste.

my work around is to paste the data in another sheet and then link the table to the new worksheet. While it gets the results that I want, it is far from efficient.

Upvote 0
So it pastes into another sheet ok and not this one? Ive worked on excel for 15 years and never seen that im afraid so im a bit lost as to an explanation. If you make a new worksheet the same as the problem one do you get the same error?

Upvote 0
I am able to make a new worksheet without the pasting problems. I am not looking forward to adjusting all the formulas.

Upvote 0
Are you in a position to be able to upload your workbook to a free file hosting site like www.box.com or www.dropbox.com and after marking it for sharing post the link it provides in the thread?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirbito

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back