Pivot Table - time row

AWulf

Good morning,
We recently upgraded from Win7 to Win10 and i'm trying to prepare my monthly metrics report. Typcially, I extract a file from our data system, clean up the noise, and then insert a pivot table to get summary information that I need for reporting. The data has a column for date, a column for time interval (by 30 minute interval...8am, 8:30am, 9am, 9:30am, etc), and the total of calls received during that interval. In the past when I ran my pivot table, it would honor these 30 minute intervals and sum up the data within these groupings for the month. When i run my pivot table this month, it is grouping everything to the full hour. How can I format my pivot table to keep the 30 minute increments?

Thank you for your help!

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Don't know about doing it within the Pivot Table, but you could always create a column in your data and use the formula, =CEILING(B2,TIME(0,30,0))

This will let you assign 30-minute intervals and you can drop that field into the pivot table instead of grouping.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back