Power BI timeline with milestones

Dani_LobP

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,

I am wondering if someone is able to help me out to create a visual that would look like this below (I found a topic somewhere else with same request I need today. couldn't find answers about it so I come here to check if there's luck Power BI Stacked Bar as Timeline with Milestones):

1693397965722.png

The idea is that i have to display 5 products, which have up to 6 dates during the lifetime, that want to display as above.
So in my case, Opportunity A, B C would be my top 5 products displayed.
And then the different checks on the timeline would be different events up to 6 (for example, start date, first control, 2nd control, publication, end date.. such type of milestones as an example).
So the point would be to have a line, that has start date, a potential end date, and in between, display whats the milestones achieved (all being dates) and if theres no end date, so last milestone displayed would be the current step...

Hope it makes sense.

I tried to make it with a Gannt chart, but its not really happening. I am not sure how to set the data in order to achieve what i want.
I have column with products, and then 5-6 columns with dates. I tried to unpivot the columns with dates so i would have a column with different column names as rows, and then all dates as values in a single column.
it looks close as what i want, but not happening.

1693398399411.png

Hoping that someone here understands the request and can guide me to achieve a result!

thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anshu121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back