Removing OFFSET from formula due to large size file

TG2812

Board Regular
Hello,

Due to a large size file, i'm attempting to remove OFFSET from the below formula (seems i cant copy the formula in this forum?)
My attempts have been unsuccessful so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

PS: Do you know if I store today in an isolated cell and point my formula to this cell would eventually make my file run faster?

=IF(OR(YEAR(H$2)< YEAR(TODAY()),AND(YEAR(H$2)=YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(H$2)< MONTH(TODAY()))),SUMIFS(OFFSET(Sheet4!$A:$A,,MATCH (H$2,Sheet4!$1:$1,0)-1),Sheet4!$A:$A,Main!$A7,Sheet4!$B:$B,Main!$B7),G7-H3+H4)

Last edited by a moderator:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
It appears that your formula is being cut-off. I am guessing that you are using < or > signs, which are being mistaken for HTML code.
If you put spaces on both sides of all < and > signs, your formula should post, i.e.
=IF(a < b,...

Upvote 0
You can replace the OFFSET function which is a volatile fucntion with the INDEX function which is non volatile and so it should reduce the number of recalculations.

Upvote 0
Maybe:

<eomonth(today(),-1)+1,sumifs(index(sheet4!<font color="#ff0000">=IF(H$2< EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)+1,SUMIFS(INDEX(Sheet4!$A:$Z,0,MATCH(H$2,Sheet4!$1:$1,0)),Sheet4!$A:$A,Main!$A7,Sheet4!$B:$B,Main!$B7),G7-H3+H4)

Change the range in red to be the maximum number of columns used on Sheet 4 (XFD if you just want to use the whole sheet). Also, since your condition looked to mean "If the date in H2 is from a month before today's month", I found a shorter way to do that.

Let us know if this works.

Also, TODAY() is volatile, but moving it to another cell won't help. All the cells pointing to that cell are dependent on it, and will recalculate when it recalculates, so you're just adding another level to it.</eomonth(today(),-1)+1,sumifs(index(sheet4!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for the advise. Well noted!

Any idea how can I get rid of the OFFSET in this formula?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MhammadishaqKhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back