Saving Issue

Version

Currently using a workbook that has multiple tabs, macros, formulas, etc. Takes quite a bit of time to fill in all the information and when trying to save, the excel file brings up an error message stating that their was an issue when saving the workbook.

"Errors were detected while saving. Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features." When clicking ok, nope.. nothing.

Any ideas? Could it be from macros?

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
This is what I would do (not necessarily what others might do ... we all have our own ways of trouble shooting):

In the VBE, under TOOLS / Clean Project .... Under DEBUG / Compile VBAProject.

If that doesn't correct things .. do you have the phrase OPTION EXPLICIT at the top of all of your modules in the VBE ?
OPTION EXPLICIT is an automated code checker that helps you insure your coding is correct. It provides suggestions
when it finds an error. Although your present code may not be generating errors (especially if you have error traps set),
there may still be some problems you are not aware of.

Speaking of error traps, comment out all of your ERROR HANDLERS. Then run your project and see if there are errors.

For me, as a last resort, I would use this freebie : https://excelfilecleaner.codeplex.com/
It has repaired several (not all) workbooks for me when they simply wouldn't run otherwise. When it can repair things,
it does a really good job in my experience.

AS ALWAYS .. DO ALL OF THE ABOVE ON A COPY OF YOUR WORKBOOK - NOT THE ORIGINAL. That way if something goes
wrong you haven't lost the original code.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamil ahmed

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back