Dan Reedy

I am in the process of creating a scheduling spreadsheet for a small manufacture. We are scheduling machines, not people. I am just about complete, having everything but the following working well:

When scheduling 2 jobs that use the same machine and need to be done at the same time, it will double book the machine, instead of completing 1 task, then scheduling the 2nd. Where do I begin to make this work as desired?

Thank you

Dan

I do apologize for all the questions, I should learn to ask them all at once. Haha. Would that apply to any amount of transfer hours greater than 0? And if 0 transfer hours, default to the remaining hours?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Do you know what the largest possible amount of hours could be for both Transfer Hours and Remaining Hours? Or .. could a part's process time ever span more than 2 working days for a machine?

On second thought, I imagine it is possible depending on quantity of parts ordered. I'm starting to think if this gets any more in-depth, I may hit a wall, which I would much like to avoid as I've spent this much time already helping and would like to be able to provide a solution for you. ;)

Upvote 0
Yes, the transfer hours and remaining hours could easily be more then 2 business days. At times, it could total close to 150 hours.

Upvote 0
Ok, I think I have what I need then. If this is not urgent, then I'll let you know when I have something. Working on this during working hours between regular work so, hopefully it won't be too long.

Upvote 0
No, this is not extremely urgent. I am just anxiously waiting your solution - kind of like a kid at Christmas. Do you have a ballpark timeframe so I know not to bother you?

I greatly appreciate your help!

Upvote 0
Since I am limited to workdays, let's say Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I'll let you know if I need more time.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afua

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back