Glasgowsmile

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Have the following code which works except it highlights the entire area it posted the data after doing the macro instead of just staying where the cell originally was.

How can I get it to stay on cell B2 after running this code?

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.CountLarge > 1 Then Exit Sub
   If Target.Value = "" Then Exit Sub
   If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2:B20")) Is Nothing Then
      Sheets(Target.Value).Range("A1:U50").Copy Range("L1").Value

End Sub

Can you provide us with a concrete example (with details), i.e. what cell exactly, what is happening, what is supposed to happen?

For some reason, running into an issue with the code now.

I need it to pull the values and formatting -- but not the formulas, can you help with that?

Code:

Dim startCell As Range

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C2:C18")) Is Nothing Then
      Set startCell = Target
      Sheets(Target.Value).Range("A1:U50").Copy Range("M1")
      startCell.Select
   End If

End Sub

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Or alternatively -- if you could teach me a formula to add that it could pull without the issues I'm running into.

This is the formula I'm using -- problem is, the reference cells are only in that specific sheet, so when it pulls the formula to the other sheet it's looking at completely different data instead of pulling the reference sheets from the sheet.

I know I could do SheetName!B$40 or something like that but I need it to be dynamic in case the sheet name changes so I don't have to constantly worry about updating it.

Code:
=IF(B$40="","",AVERAGE(B$40:B$300))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sounds like you want Copy Paste Special Values to turn those formulas into values.
See here: https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/the-code-vault/best-way-to-copy-pastespecial-values-only-with-vba

I've tried this but I get a syntax error and I need it to pull the formatting too, not just the values.

Code:

Dim startCell As Range

Set startCell = Target
      Sheets(Target.Value).Range("A1:U50").Copy Range("M1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues
      startCell.Select
   End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
Paste Value

Good Evening,

Could anyone help me with the code below -- I need to paste value and format as currently it's pasting formulas for some cells that need to keep the reference in the sheet they're currently in instead of being pulled to this sheet.

I tried adding Range("M1").PasteSpecial xlPasteValuesAndFormats but I get a syntax error each time.

Dim startCell As Range

Set startCell = Target
Sheets(Target.Value).Range("A1:U50").Copy Range("M1")
startCell.Select
End If

End Sub

Upvote 0
Or alternatively -- if you could teach me a formula to add that it could pull without the issues I'm running into.

I know I could do SheetName!B$40 or something like that but I need it to be dynamic in case the sheet name changes so I don't have to constantly worry about updating it.
That actually is dynamic. If you are using that formula, and then change the name of that sheet, the formula will automatically change to the new name of the sheet.
Try it and see!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Re: Paste Value

Use 2 lines of code for the pastespecial - one for pasting value and one for format.

Upvote 0
Re: Paste Value

I have merged your two threads together. Please do not post the same question multiple times. All clarifications, follow-ups, and bumps should be posted back to the original thread. Per forum rules, posts of a duplicate nature will be typically locked or deleted (rule 12 here: Forum Rules).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That actually is dynamic. If you are using that formula, and then change the name of that sheet, the formula will automatically change to the new name of the sheet.
Try it and see!

So I tried adding the sheet name into the formula -- didn't work, the VBA code is pulling the formula but it's showing up blank for some reason.

Code:
=IF(BYHAR!Q$40="","", AVERAGE(BYHAR!Q$40:Q$300))

Upvote 0
So I tried adding the sheet name into the formula -- didn't work, the VBA code is pulling the formula but it's showing up blank for some reason.
I may be misunderstanding your comments on that. I thought with that formula approach, you were saying to use that in lieu of VBA (that you were just using VBA because you didn't think the formula would adjust itself, which it will - but only on the worksheet formula, not in VBA code).

Regarding the Paste Special code, did you see footoo's comments?
Did you give that a try?

BTW, I have been in-and-out of training the paste two days, which is why it sometimes takes a while for me to reply.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacob_mcbride

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back