Sheet Crashing

Turrbbo

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

I've put together a spreadsheet to record vehicle details including additions and deletions and have included some macros which operate when an appropriate button is pressed to either sort, filter or copy out data to an email.

The macros all appear to work fine, the problem I have is when adding new data into the blank lines, the sheet freezes then goes into 'Not Responding' for a couple of minutes before working itself out and allowing me to move on to the next column. But, when I add data into the next cell, it does the same again.

As an example,if I add a registration number into cell 'B11' and press enter, it freezes. after a minute or two, it allows me to add a Make into cell 'C11' but, as soon as I press enter, it freezes again.

I've provided a link to the sheet; https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8egm9bjm57hder/Vehicle Schedule.V1.xlsm?dl=0

I hope someone can help as it's driving me crazy so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scrub what I said in post#9
Have a look at the amount of CF you have in A11.
When I tried to delete it all, it's taken 3 mins & counting.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Thanks guys, although replacing the version isn't an option and the data validation in column 'F' is a must have to ensure vehicles are allocated against the right depot (to avoid mis-spelt names, etc.) - unless anyone has any alternative ideas to get around this requirement?

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff, the code in A11 (actually between A11 and A3001) is to establish whether the line is blank or if the vehicle has an off date (and so allows it to be sorted).

I use the same code in other sheets which work fine so I didn't think this would cause the freeze.

Upvote 0
You've got over 100 Cf formulas in each cell in col A & from what I could see, they are all the same! That is your problem

Upvote 0
I have the same issue with 2013, 32 bit.
Takes a couple of minutes for Excel to be ready if I enter data in columns B,C, D etc

Out of interest I tried pasting data into the columns and that works ok?

Upvote 0
Hi, yes if I paste data it's fine, the problem is we need the cells to be completed or edited independently.

if anyone has any ideas for a workaround, I'll consider anything.

Upvote 0
Delete all the unneeded CF in col A, you don't need over 100 CF all doing the same thing.

Upvote 0
Fluff....you are an absolute star. I didn't realise that as the data was being added and lines re-sorted, one of the macros was copying the Conditional Format every time. Removing the CF has sorted the problem.....THANKYOU soooooo much.

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back