Sorting/Filtering Data in excel onto a summary tab

HolyLemon

I have an excel 2007 spreadsheet at my work, its about 30 colums across and contains a couple of thousand clients, one client per row.

I'm pretty happy with it at the moment Ive done some (what I would consider) nifty stuff when it comes to summarising the data on there, stuff per month, that kind of thing.

What I need to do is create a new worksheet, on which is a little box where you can enter the members number and either hit enter or a button or something and below the number you have entered and all of the information that is on that line will show up, preferably in an order that I choose. a "data extract".

I am a VBA/macro novice, I know how to open VBA, that is it. I used it alot in school but cant remember it at all.

Any help would be so amazingly appreciated.

NB, Some of the clients have Scheme codes to say if they are in a different country whereas UK clients dont so it would need to take that into account aswell.

If you could help me I would be so grateful

Thanks again.

Harry

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
HolyLemon,

Welcome to the MrExcel forum.

What I need to do is create a new worksheet, on which is a little box where you can enter the members number and either hit enter or a button or something and below the number you have entered and all of the information that is on that line will show up, preferably in an order that I choose. a "data extract".

Please post a screenshot of your sheet(s), what you have and what you expect to achieve, with Excel Jeanie HTML 4 (contains graphic instructions).
http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/html/hlp_schnell_en.php

Or, you can upload your workbook to www.box.net and provide us with a link to your workbook.

Upvote 0
Thanks,

Here is a link to the file.

If anyone can help me I would be really really grateful.

I want to pull the data from the "Proposed MGP3" worksheet.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that this worksheet is going to be constantly updated. and when I put all the other names in it there are going to be a few thousand.

thanks very much

Document ---> http://www.box.net/shared/p3enk90t00

Upvote 0
I do apologise, didnt notice your response, my explorer has a habit of just throwing me to the bottom of a webpage as soon as it loads. Very annoying. I will have a look at that now. It wont be affected by constant changes or adding clients to the bottom will it, it will stay updated?

Upvote 0
As long as you make your lookup range as large as your list is likely to get, you should be OK.

Upvote 0
Is there no way i can ask the Vlookup to check a column rather than a set range? Because theoreticly the list could go to the end of the sheet in a couple of years time. I'm off now so I wont respond till tomorrow, anyones thoughts are still welcome though.

P.S I populated it with dummy info, there really are 2k+ ppl on the real list. Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back