SOS - Not working!!

excelsos

IF((or(C5="Dollar General",R5,0),(c5="Family Dollar",r5,0) or(c5="******* Barrel,r5,0)or(c5="Reserved",r5,0)))

Basically have a list of stores in C.

I need it to pick up the following stores and if true want it to return the amount is col R
Dollar General
Dollar General - SBT
******* Barrel
Reserved

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Try
=IF(OR(C5="Dollar General", C5="Family Dollar", C5="******* Barrel", C5="Dollar General - SBT", C5="Reserved"), R5, 0)

Upvote 0
try

IF(or(C5="Dollar General",c5="Family Dollar",c5="******* Barrel",c5="Reserved"),r5,0)

Upvote 0
You have structured the formula incorrectly. You do not put the 2nd and 3rd arguments of your IF inside the OR.
It should look like:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]=IF(OR(C5="Dollar General",c5="Family Dollar",c5="******* Barrel,c5="Reserved"),r5,0)[/COLOR]
Note your original formula shows "Family Dollar" while your list shows "Dollar General - SBT". Not sure which one you want. Adjust as needed.

Upvote 0
try

IF(or(C5="Dollar General",c5="Family Dollar",c5="******* Barrel",c5="Reserved"),r5,0)

if(E2=California),Vlookup(D2,'CA Counties'!A1:C2330,2,"")

Ok - Today seems to be the day of mishaps.

so I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs:
1 - Has California Counties.

I basically need to have it look up on Sheet 1 - California (If the state name= California), then I need it to look up the city name in the current sheet and then link to this sheet called CA Counties, adn return the name of the county

Upvote 0
Ok - Today seems to be the day of mishaps.

so I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs:
1 - Has California Counties.

I basically need to have it look up on Sheet 1 - California (If the state name= California), then I need it to look up the city name in the current sheet and then link to this sheet called CA Counties, adn return the name of the county
This seems to be an entirely new question. The general rule of thumb is this:
- If it is a follow-up question that doesn't make sense without the previous question, post it in the same thread.
- If it is a new question that is not dependent on the previous question, post it to a new thread.

This appears to meet the second condition. You stand a better chance of getting a response by posting to a new thread, as it will then appear in the "Zero Reply Posts" listing, that many people use to look for unanswered questions to assist on.

Upvote 0
Hi,

The IF(OR formula in your OP can be simplified a bit like in D1 below, D2 might be what you need for your question in Post #7 :

Excel 2010
D
Sheet10
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
D1=IF(OR(C5={"Dollar General","Family Dollar","******* Barrel","Reserved"}),R5,0)
D2=IF(E2="California",VLOOKUP(D2,'CA Counties'!A1:C2330,2),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back