Sum Function Calculating Incorrect Sums and Sometimes Returning 0

cmmcfelux

I have researched and even attempted other suggested fixes for this problem, but am still unable to find what I'm doing wrong here.

I have been working on forecasting our clinic system physicians' encounter numbers for the next year and wanted to sum all of the physicians' counts for the entire clinic system by month. For some silly reason I could not remember the password I used to protect my original worksheets, so I copied and pasted my worksheets into a new workbook and all numbers and formulas appear to have copied over correctly and accurately. I have included several formulas that were a little bit more complex (for my level at least) such as:
=(FORECAST(U18,IF($A$21:$T$21>150,$A$21:$T$21),IF($A$21:$T$21>150,$A$18:$T$18)))*1.1

to forecast future numbers excluding figures below 150 (for this particular physician). I've checked and double checked formatting, formulas, etc., but still at the bottom of my columns when I attempt to sum, it returns several columns of accurate sums followed by several columns of just wrong numbers. When you attempt to re-calculate the sum formula by clicking on the cell and hitting enter again, a 0 pops up.

Here is what I've tried so far:

Formatting cells to hold numerical values.
Formatting cells to hold general values.
Editing Text to Columns and removing delimiters (recommended by an admin on a previous post).

Something new I just found out as I attempted to re-run a formula - when I click on the cell containing the formula above and hit enter to re-run the formula, 0 appears. It seems like all of the formulas return 0 now that I've copied the worksheets over.

The fact that I copied a protected sheet over to a new workbook might have something to do with it. :( I might have to just re-do the entire workbook. Why didn't I just write the password down!? :mad:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Looks like that's an array formula; did you confirm the calculation using [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Enter] ??

WBD

Upvote 0
Looks like that's an array formula; did you confirm the calculation using [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Enter] ??

WBD

I did confirm calculation using the Ctrl Shift Enter, but I haven't re-done all of them. I'll give that a shot and see if it makes a difference. Currently all of the values are showing correctly, but maybe this might help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back