=sumifs question on formula to get total by month

steve400243

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Forum, I am in need of getting the totals by month for service types. I have a tab named Spot Quotes, in column R is the Service type, Col 'N' has the date and time completed like this '2/1/2018 13:00'

My total tab is named Total Quotes. Starting in cell H4 would be the total for the month (Feb-18) for service type 'AE'

I4 would be for service type 'AI' and so on thru P4.

A4 is the month Column Jan-18, A5 Feb-18. etc.
Below are the service types that can be selected from a drop down in column R from the 'Spot Quotes' tab
AEAIOEOIInlandSurfaceOrigin / Destination F/FUSI / ER

<tbody>
</tbody>

Please let me know your ideas, I dont know how to get the formula working for this. Thanks for all help.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
It's hard to read what is required. How or in which way are Total Quotes and Spot Quotes are related? Are we counting or summing?

Upvote 0
Thanks for looking Aladin - Here is what I have so far, And is not working. Counting the total for each service type by month.

Starting in Cell H4
Code:
=SUMIFS('Spot Quotes'!R:R,”AE”,Spot Quotes'!$N:$N,<"&EOMONTH($A4,0)+1)

On the "Spot Quotes" Tab - Column R is the service type. Column N is date completed.

A4 is on the "Total Quotes" Tab as 1/1/2018, A5 would be 2/01/2018

Upvote 0
R would be any one of the service types, selected from a drop down box. AE, AI, etc

Upvote 0
"R" is the service type selected from a drop down. Here is what I use to get the total, but I need it by month.

Code:
=COUNTIFS('Spot Quotes'!R:R,"AE")

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"R" is the service type selected from a drop down. Here is what I use to get the total, but I need it by month.

Code:
=COUNTIFS('Spot Quotes'!R:R,"AE")

We are doing thus counting, not summing.

Try...

=COUNTIFS('Spot Quotes'!$R:$R,"AE",'Spot Quotes'!$N:$N,">="&A4,'Spot Quotes'!$N:$N,"<="&EOMONTH($A4,0))

Upvote 0
Thank you, Aladin, I got it working as needed, with one small change at the end of the formula. Thank you for your time.

Code:
=COUNTIFS('Spot Quotes'!$R:$R,"AE",'Spot Quotes'!$N:$N,">="&A4,'Spot Quotes'!$N:$N,"<="&EOMONTH($A4,1))

Upvote 0
This was the change that I made -

Code:
[COLOR=#333333]<="&EOMONTH($A4,0)+1)[/COLOR]

Upvote 0
Thank you, Aladin, I got it working as needed, with one small change at the end of the formula. Thank you for your time.

Code:
=COUNTIFS('Spot Quotes'!$R:$R,"AE",'Spot Quotes'!$N:$N,">="&A4,'Spot Quotes'!$N:$N,"<="&EOMONTH($A4,1))

You are welcome.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnur

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back