Trouble with schedule times

RazrHog

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry, this is probably a really easy one for you guys, but I have spent quite awhile trying to figure it out.

I downloaded the student schedule template provided by Microsoft. Link: Student schedule

I don't actually want to use it as a student schedule, but instead a daily schedule of tasks for myself, but that is irrelevant.

When I put in a time (doesn't matter the increment), it will always spill over into the next time. For instance, if you put it as 30 minute increments up at the top, on the default information listed, it will put the default listed Health & Fitness class lasting for three 30 minute increments (until 12:30, when it only should go to 12:00). I can fix it by subtracting 1 minute (or even 1 second). For instance, in the default example, if it is changed to 11:59, it will display correctly.

Can anyone figure out how to fix it so that it will display correctly as listed?

Thank you very much for any help that anyone feels they might be able to give.

Here are a couple screenshots with red boxes around the relevant example I described above. (this information is in the default template above at the Microsoft link)

excel-screenshot-1.jpg

excel-screenshot-22.jpg

Yes, it is available at the link above. Here it is again: Student schedule

I am just using the default information in the template for the example above. The only thing I changed in the example above was the drop down menu, changing it to 30 minute time increments from 15 to make it easier to see. (although it does the same thing with 15 minute increments)
It has to do, with the actual day you are on. Look carefully under Conditional Formatting.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
How do you know it's the CF, rather than a formula in those cells?

Upvote 0
Oh, are you not able to download it to look at it? It is a really long formula and it breaks when you actually click on it to look at it. You can go to Formulas-->Show Formulas to get it to display without breaking. It says something about being inconsistent with the column formula.

However, I am fairly certain it is the Conditional Formatting formulas that are the culprit, not the cell formulas. (Of course, I could be wrong.)

Here is the formula in E10, for example:
=IFERROR(INDEX(ClassList,MATCH(SUMPRODUCT((ClassList[DAY]=ClassSchedule[[#Headers],[TUESDAY]])*(ROUNDDOWN($B10,10)>=ROUNDDOWN(ClassList[START TIME],10))*($B10<=ClassList[END TIME]),ClassList[UNIQUE]),ClassList[UNIQUE],0),2),0)

If you click on one of the cells, there are 12 conditional formatting rules, though. It seems like when you change something in the second tab "Class List", it is changing the visual information based on all of the Conditional Formatting rules. That was why I thought the problem was there, I think.

Upvote 0
Ok change that formula to
Excel Formula:
=IFERROR(INDEX(ClassList,MATCH(SUMPRODUCT((ClassList[DAY]=ClassSchedule[[#Headers],[TUESDAY]])*(ROUNDDOWN($B10,10)>=ROUNDDOWN(ClassList[START TIME],10))*($B10<ClassList[END TIME]),ClassList[UNIQUE]),ClassList[UNIQUE],0),2),0)

Upvote 0
Solution
It has to do, with the actual day you are on. Look carefully under Conditional Formatting.
That was what I was thinking. I have been changing things under Conditional Formatting, but I can't seem to figure out why it is doing that.

Upvote 0
I very much doubt it has anything to do with the CF, it's almost certainly the in cell formulae.

Upvote 0
Every time I change the cell formula (or even click on it), it breaks.
Any way to prevent that?

i

Upvote 0
That was what I was thinking. I have been changing things under Conditional Formatting, but I can't seem to figure out why it is doing that.
That's what the formula say, in CF: =(B3=ThisWeekday)*($B4<Cal_Endtime)
and B3, are again regulated by what you choose in G2. And Cal endtime, are regulated in name manager, with a number there.

If you look in all other days, they are marked as One Hour, but the actual day (Tuesday), are set correctly to the interval you choose (half an Hour).

Upvote 0
I very much doubt that formula has anything to do with the problem. As I have already said, it will be the formula in the cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePlop

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back