Trouble with schedule times

RazrHog

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry, this is probably a really easy one for you guys, but I have spent quite awhile trying to figure it out.

I downloaded the student schedule template provided by Microsoft. Link: Student schedule

I don't actually want to use it as a student schedule, but instead a daily schedule of tasks for myself, but that is irrelevant.

When I put in a time (doesn't matter the increment), it will always spill over into the next time. For instance, if you put it as 30 minute increments up at the top, on the default information listed, it will put the default listed Health & Fitness class lasting for three 30 minute increments (until 12:30, when it only should go to 12:00). I can fix it by subtracting 1 minute (or even 1 second). For instance, in the default example, if it is changed to 11:59, it will display correctly.

Can anyone figure out how to fix it so that it will display correctly as listed?

Thank you very much for any help that anyone feels they might be able to give.

Here are a couple screenshots with red boxes around the relevant example I described above. (this information is in the default template above at the Microsoft link)

excel-screenshot-1.jpg

excel-screenshot-22.jpg

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
I am wondering if it has to do with the conditional formatting values? There are a bunch of embedded conditional formatting values.

Upvote 0
If you are talking about the red box in col E, then I don't see the problem. Its is not going into the 12:30 slot

Upvote 0
Hey Fluff! Thanks for the answer, but it is indeed going to the 12:30 slot.

You can see that it is scheduled for 1 hour (11:00 am to 12:00 pm) but it is covering three 30-minute time periods on the chart, which would be 1.5 hours, not the scheduled 1 hour.
The time period starts at the first line. For instance, when it says 12:00, it is the top line that indicates that. (In other words "12:00" is actually "12:00-12:30")

In any event, it shouldn't be covering 1.5 hours if it is only scheduled for 1 hour. How do I get it to only cover the time it is allotted for and not spill into the next one?

Like I said above, if I put it to schedule from 11:00 am to 11:59 am, it works fine. Is there some way I can subtract a minute from the closing time or something?

Upvote 0
If you want it to stop at 12:00 then you will need to change the formula in those cells.

Upvote 0
This was just an example, I want it to always stop at the correct time that is listed on sheet 2. I don't know what formula to change. I assume it is the conditional formatting formula, but I can't figure out what to change in there.

That is the part I am having trouble with.

Upvote 0
Is there a formula in the cell?

Upvote 0
Yes, it is available at the link above. Here it is again: Student schedule

I am just using the default information in the template for the example above. The only thing I changed in the example above was the drop down menu, changing it to 30 minute time increments from 15 to make it easier to see. (although it does the same thing with 15 minute increments)

Upvote 0
I actually downloaded it in excel by searching for it, but it appears to be the same template.

Upvote 0
If there is a formula in those cells, what is it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HellScout

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back