Trouble with schedule times

RazrHog

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry, this is probably a really easy one for you guys, but I have spent quite awhile trying to figure it out.

I downloaded the student schedule template provided by Microsoft. Link: Student schedule

I don't actually want to use it as a student schedule, but instead a daily schedule of tasks for myself, but that is irrelevant.

When I put in a time (doesn't matter the increment), it will always spill over into the next time. For instance, if you put it as 30 minute increments up at the top, on the default information listed, it will put the default listed Health & Fitness class lasting for three 30 minute increments (until 12:30, when it only should go to 12:00). I can fix it by subtracting 1 minute (or even 1 second). For instance, in the default example, if it is changed to 11:59, it will display correctly.

Can anyone figure out how to fix it so that it will display correctly as listed?

Thank you very much for any help that anyone feels they might be able to give.

Here are a couple screenshots with red boxes around the relevant example I described above. (this information is in the default template above at the Microsoft link)

excel-screenshot-1.jpg

excel-screenshot-22.jpg

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
I guess I don't understand your question. It is set to 30 minutes, but is spanning an hour.

View attachment 60136

It's good you got a solution, which "works for you". But I think you have misunderstood, this about the formatting to show scheduled time. It do NOT show an Hour, but just the interval between 11:00 and 11:30 in your picture. Try change the same interval to be 15 minutes, and it will change to show 3 marked Rows, with a span on 15 minutes (11:00, 11:15, and 11:30), which are still half an hour.

Upvote 0
Understandable that some people might want it that way, but for my application I needed the answer that Fluff provided, for which I am very much appreciative. I am doing some other things with the file to change some other parts for display, that was just the one small piece that had me stuck.

Upvote 0
It's good you got a solution, which "works for you".
IMO that is verging on rude, as it sounds as though you are suggesting that what the OP is doing is wrong. Whilst you may not agree with what the OP is after, that does not mean it's wrong, just that's it's different from what you might want.

Upvote 0
Oh, its all good. I don't think he was trying to be be rude in any way. I understand the functionality and why it was set that way, I just needed it to be slightly different. I will remember the formatting trick in the future; I would not have thought of that on my own. Thank you again, Fluff. Wish I had as much knowledge as you on this stuff, but I learn something new every day!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back