Trouble with schedule times

RazrHog

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Sorry, this is probably a really easy one for you guys, but I have spent quite awhile trying to figure it out.

I downloaded the student schedule template provided by Microsoft. Link: Student schedule

I don't actually want to use it as a student schedule, but instead a daily schedule of tasks for myself, but that is irrelevant.

When I put in a time (doesn't matter the increment), it will always spill over into the next time. For instance, if you put it as 30 minute increments up at the top, on the default information listed, it will put the default listed Health & Fitness class lasting for three 30 minute increments (until 12:30, when it only should go to 12:00). I can fix it by subtracting 1 minute (or even 1 second). For instance, in the default example, if it is changed to 11:59, it will display correctly.

Can anyone figure out how to fix it so that it will display correctly as listed?

Thank you very much for any help that anyone feels they might be able to give.

Here are a couple screenshots with red boxes around the relevant example I described above. (this information is in the default template above at the Microsoft link)

excel-screenshot-1.jpg

excel-screenshot-22.jpg

I can see, after I looked one more time on your Pictures, that you have not changed time in Sheet "Class list". Change the interval there, to your case (11:00 - 11:30), and it change in Sheet "Class Schedule" as well.
In your name manager, the number to "shift" below or above the set time, are: =0,999305555555556
If you by example chage that to =1,1, you will see, that your marked schedule change, no matter if you set to half an Hour, or not.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
Once again that has nothing to do with anything. It is the cell formula that needs changing.

Upvote 0
Once again that has nothing to do with anything. It is the cell formula that needs changing.
Okay. Let it be so. It works okay by me. As written, remember to change the Sheet "Class list" schedule as well. Then it works.

Upvote 0
If the OP changes the time to 11:30 instead of 12:00 & changes the time interval to 15Mins, then it won't show anything for 11:45 till 12 which would be wrong.
Just changing the <= to < as I suggested, will fix everything. That is the only thing that needs changing.

Upvote 0
I wish I could just change the cell, Fluff, but it doesn't display correctly. I am not sure how I show you other than maybe record a video or something?

Upvote 0
If the OP changes the time to 11:30 instead of 12:00 & changes the time interval to 15Mins, then it won't show anything for 11:45 till 12 which would be wrong.
Just changing the <= to < as I suggested, will fix everything. That is the only thing that needs changing.
This is set to the time you write (Start - End). 11:30 to 12:00.
So I can't see what you mean by your comment. As written, it works perfectly, if OP change the time in Sheet "Class list". And still, the CF, mark the correct schedule, for the actual day.

time-schedule.png

Upvote 0
I wish I could just change the cell, Fluff, but it doesn't display correctly.
Can you just describe what happens when you change the formula?
Do you see the formula in the cell, do you get an error?

Upvote 0
This is set to the time you write (Start - End). 11:30 to 12:00.
So I can't see what you mean by your comment. As written, it works perfectly, if OP change the time in Sheet "Class list". And still, the CF, mark the correct schedule, for the actual day.

View attachment 60129

If I change it to 11:00-11:30, it still shows for an hour if it is changed to 30 minute increments. (or in your example, it shows for 45 minutes, even though it is a 30 minute schedule)

excel-screenshot-3.jpg

Upvote 0
So I can't see what you mean by your comment.
The comment was referring to your previous post, which has nothing to do with what you are saying now.

Upvote 0
If I change it to 11:00-11:30, it still shows for an hour if it is changed to 30 minute increments. (or in your example, it shows for 45 minutes, even though it is a 30 minute schedule)
As I said it is the formula that needs to be changed & nothing else.
I have to go for a bit, but will download the file when I get back.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back