Unique Values To Make Perfect Attendace Sheet

scummins22

Hello,

I am making an attendance sheet at work. I am trying to create a formula or pivot table to distinct the unique values from two separate columns from two separate tabs. On one tab is a running list of employee's with attendance points, and the other is the roster of employees in the building. I am trying to create a running list that will list the employee's name on a separate tab if that teammate was not on the attendance point tab. Can someone help me with a formula or explain what is the easiest way to get this information? I will put the names and cells below for each tab.

Running Employee Attendance Sheet is call 'Input Sheet'! and the cell that starts the names is A6
Roster sheet is called 'Roster'! and starts in C2
Perfect Attendance sheet is called 'Perfect Attendance'! and I want it to start in B4

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Try:
Code:
Sub CompareLists()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim Rng As Range, RngList As Object
    Dim lastRow1 As Long
    lastRow1 = Sheets("Input Sheet").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    Dim lastRow2 As Long, x As Long: x = 4
    lastRow2 = Sheets("Roster").Range("C" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    Set RngList = CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
    For Each Rng In Sheets("Input Sheet").Range("A6:A" & lastRow1)
      If Not RngList.Exists(Rng.Value) Then
        RngList.Add Rng.Value, Nothing
      End If
    Next Rng
    For Each Rng In Sheets("Roster").Range("C2:C" & lastRow2)
        If Not RngList.Exists(Rng.Value) Then
            Sheets("Perfect Attendance").Cells(x, 2) = Rng
            x = x + 1
        End If
    Next Rng
    RngList.RemoveAll
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Upvote 0
Thank you that works. I have one more question, I have a list of employees that is showing up on a HR tab if they have a written warning that needs to be issues or not. I added check boxes that will be checked if the write up was initiated through HR. My question is, I have a =IF( statement for the value the list is looking up that states IF( the box is checked, then "". My question is, I want it to be permanently be "" if the box checks. I don't want it to where if I uncheck the box, the value's show back up. Do you know how I can fix that?

Upvote 0
It is always easier to help and test possible solutions if we could work with your actual file. Perhaps you could upload a copy of your file to a free site such as www.box.com or www.dropbox.com. Once you do that, mark it for 'Sharing' and you will be given a link to the file that you can post here. Include a detailed explanation of what you would like to do referring to specific cells and worksheets. If the workbook contains confidential information, you could replace it with generic data.

Upvote 0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f6odety0ma9ipx5/attendance tracker (fake names).xlsm?dl=0

As you see on HR page, I have a macro that will refresh a pivot table off to the right at cell T9 that pulls the data from input sheet on who has Written Write ups. I have the check boxes in in column g that I want to clear the row that the boxed that is checked is on but I want it to refresh the list to the next employee. Is this possible?

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble downloading the file from DropBox. The link you provided takes me to the sign-in page not to the file.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppernaut

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back