Using a Grand total % of one measure in another measure

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Absolutely. You just need to know what level of granularity you want the grand total to equal, then use of the "ALL" functions to compute just that amount. Grand totals are just another cell to a power pivot table that just has less column filters on it. For example, in your pivot the grand total for the year is calculated without filters on the month columns; there is only a filter on the year column. Something like:

CALCULATE ( [Measure 1], ALL ( Calendar[Month] ) )

Upvote 0
Absolutely. You just need to know what level of granularity you want the grand total to equal, then use of the "ALL" functions to compute just that amount. Grand totals are just another cell to a power pivot table that just has less column filters on it. For example, in your pivot the grand total for the year is calculated without filters on the month columns; there is only a filter on the year column. Something like:

CALCULATE ( [Measure 1], ALL ( Calendar[Month] ) )

Akice thanks for the reply, I have tried the all function but the formula still ends up using the % for that specific period.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp8xib86xtdihdq/updatedtable.png?dl=0

I also wanted to ask as I am using an if formula to identify where the FCT column =0 to perform the calculation but this is not ideal as it could work out amounts for retrospective periods. I have a last actual date formula and tried to use an if to identify where my calendar month is greater than the last actual and then apply the formula but it produced an error. (contains a value without aggregation)

Not sure where I am going wrong with these.

Measure 2
Code:
Measure 2:=calculate([Measure 1],all('Calendar'[Date]))

Projection

Code:
Projection:=if([FCST]=0,[FCST]+([FCST]*[Measure 2]),0)

If Formula to Identify Dates after last actual

Last Actual
Code:
Last Actual:=CALCULATE( LASTDATE( MonthlyData[StartOfMonth] ) , FILTER( ALL( MonthlyData ), NOT( ISBLANK( MonthlyData[Actual] ) ) ) , ALL( Categories ) )

Projection with if for dates after last actual

Code:
Projection:=if(MonthlyData[StartOfMonth]>[Last Actual],[SumFCSTT]+([Sum FCST]*[Measure 2]),0)

Upvote 0
It looks like the two measures you want to multiply are in the Grand Total row. If they are, you won't be able to use that number since it is a product of the pivot table and not a measure or product of the data model. The Grand Total row can be turned off in the "Design" ribbon of PivotTable Tools. I'm pretty sure (I'm fairly new to this, but don't tell anyone!) if you need to use those numbers in a calculation, you need to make them a measure first. Or I could be completely wrong. In that case, disregard this entire post!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mm424

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back