Using Index and Match to Lookup Pictures

ambfas

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is having a great day :)

So I am trying to create a sales dashboard using pivot tables and charts. I have a pivot table in the dashboard that shows the top 10 selling items in the selected category, then I had a great idea to add a section next to it that would show the pictures of these items.
After some research I used index and match and name manager using this tutorial and it worked perfectly. Then I had a problem my database has 2256 items and only 1254 have pictures in the database.
So when I change the filter on the pivot table to show a certain category and some items on the list don't have pictures the picture doesn't change and still shows the picture from the previous filter. Then I designed a "No Image Found" picture to replace the static picture of the item in case of it not having a picture in the database.

I have tried using IFERROR but it didn't work. The pictures would only show the picture of No Image Found and stopped responding to the linked pivot table.

Code:
=IFERROR(INDEX(MasterPics!$G:$G,MATCH('Category Dashboard Data'!$O$5,MasterPics!$F:$F,0)),NO_IMAGE_FOUND)

So to highlight the objective here is: IF the item doesn't have a picture in the database THEN show "No Image Found" picture.

This is a snapshot of the dashboard to give you an idea: Dashboard, in the first picture I used the regular index and match and it worked the others are with the nested IFERROR and INDEX and MATCH.

and is there is a better way to implement this idea of dynamic pictures in a dashboard if it doesn't work with index and match?

Thank You,

view

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Given that the image does not change when a match is not found, one approach would be to make the image your "No Image Found" BEFORE trying to find a match using your original code
In other words...
....make your code force the default image to be "No Image Found" and then change it if the correct image exists

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytux

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back