VBA macro copy/paste text from Internet Explorer

MichaelFerguson

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me as I've not done this before. I've written macros but never any that interact with Internet Explorer. I'm trying to automate a task that will allow the user to run the macro to copy specific text from an open browser window and paste the values into specific cells in Excel. One interesting variable is the browser window is a unique screen for every task since the users will be doing this out of a workflow system and each person will be working on an unique item with its own "URL" if that makes sense. Is there a way to have the code simply look for the active/top window and start from there?

I need the macro to fill in these fields (sorry, I can't show the source of the data as it's proprietary but anything to help get me going in the right direction would be greatly appreciated). In today's world the user has to manually locate each of the needed data elements and copy/paste into Excel. I need a macro that will allow the user to click a button and have all these fields get filled in.

Thanks!

1601495512192.png

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back