vlookup Not Working After Source Range is Created

srdavisgb

Board Regular
Your help with this issue is much appreciated... I'm sure there is a simple solution but,I am stumped.

I have created a workbook with a Summary worksheet and a macro to create worksheets that are named with a Date (e.g., 27Jan2019). Dates are selected from a drop-down list and the macro is executed to create the worksheets as needed. Data is entered in the worksheet after the new worksheet has been created.

The Summary worksheet has column headers labeled with each of the dates listed in the drop-down list. I have entered formulas in each column to retrieve the data from the respective worksheets as it is entered. Below is my lookup formula in K2:

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP($A2,'31Jan2019'!$C$7:$G$66,5,0),J2)

Prior to the 31Jan2019 worksheet being created, the formula correctly returns an error so the value of J2 is displayed. After the 31Jan2019 worksheet has been created and new data entered where a change is expected, cell K2 still evaluates to an error.

The formula does not calculate until I place the cursor in each cell and select enter. I've tried Ctrl > Alt > F9 and Ctrl > Alt > Shift > F9 and neither work. The workbook is set to calculate formulas automatically.

What do I need to do to get the vlookup formula to calculate automatically? Is there a line of code I can add when I create the new worksheet to activate or calculate the formula in the Summary worksheet for all cells?

Again, thanks for your assistance.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VictorSiwiide

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back