looking for way to get results from progressive rows on separate sheet using formula

David Des

I can't seem to figure out showing screenshots so I will try to explain what I am trying to do. I have a workbook containing 2 spreadsheets. on sheet 1 I have info in column B. The info changes with every row. On sheet 2 i have several columns of info. Each column has 5 repeating rows of info then I skip a column and repeat the same thing. This goes on for 5 total columns and 7 pages of info. Each set of repeating rows needs info from Col B on sheet 1 on the 4th line. I am looking for a formula to paste on this 4th line that pulls from 1 row below where the last formula pasted pulls from.

sheet 1 sheet 2
Col A Col B
name 1 1001 AIM CAL
name 2 1002 date
name 3 1003 initial
name 4 1004 1001

AIM CAL
date
initial
If this posts correctly you should get the idea.

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
did not post the way i wanted. sheet 1, Col A is "name 1" thru "name 4". Sheet 1, Col B is "1001" thru "1004". Sheet 2 is--row 1-"AIM CAL", row 2 is "date", row 3 is "initial", row 4 is result from sheet 1 Col B row 1, row 5 is empty. Sheet 2 row 6 is "AIM CAL", row 7 is "date", row 8 is "initial", row 9 is result from sheet 1 Col B row 2, row 10 is empty. repeat for 7 pages and 5 columns

Upvote 0
I think that the formula would have 2 offsets. One would reference the rows on sheet 1 and offset by 1 row and the other would reference the row 5 above where the last formula was placed on sheet 2.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsb1122

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back