SUMIFS with nested if within criteria ... or something else?

SSPoulin23

I have a report showing the monthly breakout of departmental expenditures with many fields (account, department, project code, program, etc). On another tab, there are mini charts for each account code represented within the report. Each mini chart has a number of criteria it looks for on the report - account, Department, Project Code, Program, etc. For the program code, I need the SUMIF to say something like "if there is a program code listed here on Sheet1 in cell C10 on the mini chart, only include that program code in the sum, BUT if there is no program code listed here on Sheet1, include all program codes on the report in the sum" - does that make sense?? Can i accomplish that with a SUMIFS and maybe a nested IF statement? if not, or if there is a better way to accomplish this, please let me know!! THANK YOU!!!

Excel Facts

Show numbers in thousands?
Use a custom number format of #,##0,K. Each comma after the final 0 will divide the displayed number by another thousand
yes

=IF ( C10 = a program code listed , sumifs( with just that code) , sumifs(all ))
But i dont know the detail of your data and how structured to provide the code needed or if it will work

maybe a IFERROR () if we are just looking for a value in a list
OR even a countif()

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back