phillipus2005

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
  3. Mobile
Hi

I have a table with multiple columns and a form that adds data to each of those columns, as a "case". I also have a separate function that adds data to some of those columns, based on the value in column A as a "case update". How do i get the remaining blank cells in that row to fill with data from the "case"?

As an example, a "case" will include Casename, dateopened, location, and Summary (and many others). A "case update" will add a row with Casename and summary but the dateopened and location will not change.

I would normally do this with an index/match function but need to build this in to the Case_update form code...

Any help very welcome

thanks in advance

Phillipus

Thanks. My table has ~50 columns. Do I just replace 4 with the total number then add each blank column no (that I want to fill) to this line:

d.Add a(i, 1), a(i, 3) & Chr(164) & a(i, 4)

Where in my code should this sub go?

If I have multiple rows with the same “case name”, how do I ensure it pulls data from the row with the “new case” in it (rather than from “case update” row, with blanks in it)?

Thanks again. Sorry for the newbie questions (am learning by doing... and asking ?)

Phillipus

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.
Seems to work with:

.Range(4).Formula = "=INDEX([Primary location],MATCH(1,INDEX(([@Case]=[Case])*(""NEW CASE""=[New case]),0,1),0))"

Thanks for the help guys

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back