Dashboarding and Reporting with Power Pivot and Excel
Learn how to leverage Excel, DAX, Power Pivot and Power View to build a dashboard
- 175 Pages
- Publisher: Holy Macro! Books
- ISBN: 978-1-61547-027-3
- PDF ISBN: 978-1-61547-218-5
- ePub ISBN: 978-1-61547-339-7
- Mobi (Kindle) ISBN: 978-1-61547-118-8
Microsoft’s revolutionary Power Pivot is a tool that allows users to create and transform data into reports and dashboards in new and much more powerful ways using the most-used analytical tool in the world: Excel.
This book, written by Kasper de Jonge - a member of 'Microsoft’s Power Pivot Team' - provides a practical step by step guide on creating a financial dashboard. The book covers in detail how to combine and shape the relevant data, build the dashboard in Excel, providing layout and design tips and tricks, prepare the model to work with fiscal dates, and show values used in many financial reports, including year-to-date, variance-to-target, percentage-of-total, and running totals reports.
Accessibly written, this book offers readers a practical, real-world scenario and can be used as a day-to-day reference. Though the guide focuses on Power Pivot for Excel 2010, a chapter that discusses Power View—compatible with Excel 2013— and Power BI is also included.
- Chapter 1: About This Book
- Chapter 2: Introduction to Dashboards and Reports
- Chapter 3: Collecting and Preparing the Data
- Chapter 4: Building a Dashboard in Excel
- Chapter 5: Building Interactive Reports with Excel and Power View
- Chapter 6: Sharing Dashboards and Reports Within an Organization
- Bibliography and Suggested Readings
- Index of Tips